In eTrusted you have several modern widgets at your fingertips which you can use to win over visitors of your website.
Trust is the most important currency on the Internet. By showing your positive overall rating in a clearly visible manner on your website, you inspire trust and thereby increase your sales.
Where can I browse available widgets?
All available widgets can be found in the widget library.
- Log in to the eTrusted Control Centre.
- Click on the star ("Reviews) () in the main navigation menu. Then click on "Marketing" ().
- Open the "Widgets" tab ().
There you can choose between different widget variants and also customise each widget to your needs.
Within the widget library you can see a preview of each widget. So you can decide which widget is best suited for your website and where it can be placed most effectively.
Each widget is already optimised for desktop and mobile, so you don't have to worry about displaying it correctly on your users' devices. The code of our widgets covers two display variants: One is optimised for smaller smartphone displays, the other takes full advantage of a desktop resolution.
You would like to know how widgets look like on your website? Find it out here:
How do widgets look like on my website?
How does the widget configuration work?
- Open your Trusted Shops plugin.
- Check that your plugin has the "Widgets" tab.
Don't have the "Widgets" tab in your plugin? Then continue with the instructions here.
Step 1: Generating a widget code
- Follow the instructions above to open the "Widgets" overview.
- Select a widget. Then click the "Create" button for the widget you want. The configuration mode for the widget will then open.
- Select the language () you are using for your website. Click on "Create widget code". The overview "How to integrate the widget into your website" will open.
You have now successfully created your widget code. Now you need to integrate the widget code into your website.
Step 2: Integrating your widget code into your website
Would you like to integrate your widget code into the HTML of your website yourself? Then follow these steps:
- Click the document icon at the top of the code field to copy the code snippet to your clipboard.
- In your webpage HTML, open the header section. Insert the code snippet into the header section.
- Return to the overview "How to integrate the widget into your website". Click the document icon in the lower code box to copy the code snippet to your clipboard.
- Open the body section within your website's HTML code. Paste the copied code snippet into the body section where you want to put the widget.
- Return to the overview "How to integrate the widget into your website". Click on "Complete widget creation".
You have now successfully integrated the widget into your website.
How long is the code active?
When you have generated the code and finished configuring the widget, you will find the created widget in the "Manage my widgets" overview. You can access the overview by clicking "Manage my widgets".
If something didn't work with copying the code, that's no problem either. You can simply copy the code from the active widget again. To do this, click the "View code" button on the widget you want.
The code is deactivated if you remove the widget from your active widgets by clicking the "Delete" button. Until you remove the code from your website HTML, an empty area will be displayed at that position.
What you need to know when removing widgets, read here:
How to remove a widget from my website?
Why is the code snippet for the website header the same for each widget?
Are you showing your stars on Google & Co. yet? Get more info here:
- What is the Google Integration?
- Why is it a good idea to optimise my overall rating on other review platforms?