What are API Client Credentials?
API Client Credentials are access data. They enable you to authenticate yourself to
API Client Credentials consist of,
- a Client ID that is comparable to a user ID,
- a Client Secret that acts as a password.
Where do I get API Client Credentials?
API Client Credentials are automatically generated when you create an API Client. You will then find the API Client Credentials in the eTrusted Control Centre.
Create an API Client
Please also feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you cannot find the administrators in your company.
- Log in to the eTrusted Control Centre.
- In the yellow menu on the left, click on the cogwheel icon. The "API Client Management" section will open up.
- Click on "Create new client". A pop-up window will open.
- Fill in the three fields "Name" (), "Identifier" () and "Description" ().
An individual prefix is automatically added to your entry in the "Identifier" field after saving. Combined, the prefix and identifier become the Client ID. You can use the "Name" and "Description" fields to store additional information that will help you identify and assign the API clients later.
- Set the "Client enabled" switch to green.
- Click "Save".
Find the API Client Credentials
- Click on the API client arrow. A detailed overview will open up.
- Click on "Show".
The API Client Credentials – consisting of a Client ID () and Client Secret () – will then become available.
You can now use the API Client Credentials as a means of authentication for the eTrusted APIs or any of our CRM plugins.