What is the NPS?
The Net Promoter Score® is a metric based on survey results to show how likely customers are to recommend your products and services to a friend or family member.
The NPS isn’t directly about the quality of your products and services. It’s a measurement of the excitement of your customers towards your company.
The easiest way to find this out/collect this info is through the question: “On a Scale from 1 to 10, how likely is it, that you would recommend our products and services to a friend or colleague?”
Depending on the ratings, the NPS can be split into three categories:
- 9-10 Score: Promoters – loyal, enthusiastic fans of your company and are most likely to stay.
- 7-8 Score: Passives – satisfied with product and service but may switch to a competitor.
- 0-6 Score: Detractors – unhappy customers who may discourage new customers.
After the calculation, you will have a good overview of both your loyal and unhappy customers.
To calculate the NPS, the percentage of the Detractors gets subtracted from the percentage of the Promoters. The percentage of the Passive needs to be ignored.
Why should you use the NPS for your company?
The NPS can help you build a stronger and more trusting relationship with your customers.
Asking if the customer would recommend your company, is a great way to figure out how strong the relationship with your customer is. This question can be easily understood and mediates an active participation in your company’s products and services development
Recommendations lead to both returning and new customers, which leads to more company growth.
You can collect your customers' thoughts and wishes through follow-up questions. After that, you can develop your products and services with a customer-centric perspective. This will give your customers the feeling of being heard and cared for. Accordingly, a customer-centric development leads to stronger customer relationships that are full of trust.
How is the NPS integrated into Trusted Shops questionnaires?
The NPS is not part of the questionnaire templates provided by Trusted Shops. However, with the help of the eTrusted Control Centre, you can create your own questionnaire templates and incorporate the NPS into these templates. To do this, two steps are necessary:
- Integrate the NPS into your own questionnaire template
- Select your own questionnaire template for your automatic invite dispatch
Step 1: Integrate the NPS into your own questionnaire template
- Log in to the eTrusted Control Centre.
- Click on the gear symbol ("Settings") () in the main navigation. Then click on "Template customisation" ().
- Open the "Questionnaire templates" () tab. The "Questionnaire templates" overview appears.
- Click on "Create new template" ().
- The "Customise your questionnaire" overview appears. Enter a name for the questionnaire template in the input field in the "Name your template" area.
- Set the "Net Promoter Score®" switch () to active.
- Would you like to oblige your customers to submit the Net Promoter Score®? Tick "Set as required" () for this.
- Click on "Save".
You have now successfully created your own questionnaire template with which you can determine your NPS.
Step 2: Select your own questionnaire template for your automatic invites
Once you have created your own questionnaire template with the NPS built-in, you can select this template in the settings for the optimised review collection in the Control Centre.
- Click on the gear symbol ("Settings") () in the main navigation. Then click on "Channel Settings" ().
- Select the channel () for which you want to use your own questionnaire template.
- Open the "Optimise review collection" () tab. Then open the "Service Reviews" () tab.
- Select the desired questionnaire template using the "Questionnaire" () drop-down menu.
- Click on "Save" ().
You have now successfully selected your own questionnaire template with the integrated NPS for your automatic invites. It will now be used in your Review Invites.
Are you new at eTrusted/Trusted Shops? You can learn how to easily set up your Review Invites in our Help Centre article: Collect your first reviews.
How can I use the data I've collected?
The collected data of the star ratings with and without an NPS is automatically sent to your Inbox of the Control Centre. There, you can view the individual ratings with the NPS.
Trusted Shops offers you the collected data in an Excel chart as a download. You can find the chart as well as the download button inside the Control Centre at the top of your Inbox. After the transmission to your database, your company's NPS can be calculated.
The NPS is calculated from all the reviews left by the Detractors and Promoters for your company. Here, the NPS calculation ignores the reviews without NPS ratings as well as the ratings from the Passives. You can also choose if the NPS should be calculated from one or more of your account channels.
Net Promoter®, NPS®, NPS Prism®, and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc., and Fred Reichheld. Net Promoter Score℠ and Net Promoter System℠ are service marks of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc., and Fred Reichheld.